Table of Contents
There are a number of people that prefer or would like to explore a more natural approach to regrowing hair. At Phime.org, we understand that there are many alternative remedies for a healthier, thicker head of hair. The good news is most of the items we will discuss below can be found at any local grocery or health food store. In this article, we will cover food, juice recipes, hair masks, rinses, oils, plants, scalp massage, and vitamins for stimulating hair growth.
Foods for Hair Growth
- Mackerel, Salmon, and Sardines: Contain omega-3 fatty acids which help with hair shine and strength
- Greek Yogurt: Contains protein and vitamin B5 which help circulate blood flow on the scalp
- Kale and Spinach: Packed with vitamin A, iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C which strengthen hair
- Guava Fruit: Contains a high dose of vitamin C for hair strength
- Whole Wheat Grains: Contains iron which is important for hair health
- Chicken or Turkey: Packed with protein which is essential for growing hair
- Cinnamon: Helps with blood flow on the scalp
- Cayenne Pepper: Also helps with blood circulation but recent studies have shown applying this topically (in specialty shampoos or mixed with olive oil) can help stimulate hair follicle growth
Juice Recipe for Hair Growth
- 1 Cup Kale
- 4-5 Carrots
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Small Beet
- 1 Apple
- 1 Lemon
- 3 Celery Sticks
These fruits and vegetables are powerful for hair growth and overall health. Why juice? When you use a juicer, you are getting the raw enzymes from the fruit and vegetables that deliver the maximum nutrients to the hair and scalp.
Hair Masks and Rinses for Hair Growth
Avocado, Egg White, and Olive Oil Hair Mask
- Peel and cut half of a ripe avocado
- Crack 1 egg and and extract the white of the egg
- Grab 1 teaspoon of pure olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Thoroughly mix ingredients into a paste
- Apply to clean towel dried hair
- Optional: Place a shower cap or use plastic wrap over the mask
- Leave on between 15-30 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly
- Use this mask about once per week
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
- Purchase apple cider vinegar from your local grocery store
- Grab a plastic drinking bottle
- Pour 2/3 of the apple cider vinegar in the bottom of the bottle
- Fill the rest of the bottle with pure drinking or distilled water
- Place on cap and mix the bottle thoroughly
- Apply to clean, towel dried hair and gently massage in scalp for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with water
- Use this rinse 1-2 times per week
Oils for Hair Growth
- Castor Oil: Contains omega-6 and ricinoleic acid for better scalp circulation
- Coconut Oil: Packed with nutrients to give hair a nice shine and strengthens follicles
- Peppermint Oil: An essential oil that helps clear the scalp of excess oil (sebum) and stimulates hair growth
- Argan Oil: Contains vitamin E and fatty acids that provide nourishment to the scalp and hair
- Emu Oil: Packed with fatty acids such as omega-9. Emu Oil has been shown to be a natural anti-inflammatory which can help with hair loss conditions
Plants for Hair Loss
- Aloe Vera: This miracle plant has been used for centuries to heal wounds, treat sunburn, and moisturize the skin. Some studies have shown applying 100% aloe vera to the scalp can reduce inflammation and nourish hair follicles. Aloe can also be used as a natural hair gel.
- Saw Palmetto: The berries off this plant have been shown to reduce the DHT levels in men which has been identified as the culprit of male pattern baldness.
- Green Tea: Contains powerful antioxidants that can help reverse hair loss
Scalp Massage for Hair Growth
Scalp massage is a natural method for hair growth that is often overlooked. The reason why scalp message exercises work is due to the increase in blood circulation on the scalp. For hair to grow, it must have the proper circulation to deliver nutrients to stimulate the follicles on the scalp.
- Stand upright with your feet widening to your shoulder length
- Use an essential oil such as vitamin E or peppermint oil and use about 2 drops on your scalp
- Gently message your scalp using your fingertips with a circular motion
- Focus on small areas of the scalp
- Move from clockwise to counterclockwise motions for 2-3 minutes each change
- Try to avoid using fingernails since this can damage the scalp
- Massage around 5-10 minutes as desired weekly
Vitamins for Hair Growth
- Biotin: Contains vitamin B7 (vitamin H or coenzyme R). These vitamins help stimulate hair, skin, and nail growth.
- Zinc: A trace element found in the human body that is essential for biochemical processes. A deficiency in this vitamin can lead to hair loss.
- MSM: The sulfur compound found in MSM is believed to extend the life cycle of the hair making it grow faster and longer.
- Saw Palmetto: The berries found in this plant are believed to lower the amount of DHT found on the scalp in men. This supplement could be compared to the effects of the male hair loss drug Propecia.
- Omega-3: Contains essential fatty acids that strengthen and fortify the hair giving it a health shine.
Hairmax Laserband 82 Review
Definitive Guide to Using Minoxidil
Are Hair Loss Lasers Worth the Investment?
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Top 3 Ingredients to Avoid in Shampoos
Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair
Potential Hair Loss Cure?